Sunday, April 12, 2015

Blacklock Point

We spent our last weekend on the coast camping at Cape Blanco and hiking Blacklock Point. I have been wanting to do this hike for a while so I'm glad we took time away from packing and stressing about moving to do it. It rained all night, so we woke up with puddles in our tent. Luckily, we were not wet and I'm only (slightly) sick today.

Pasamos nuestro ultimo fin de semana en la costa acampando en Cape Blanco y haciendo la caminata "Blacklock Point". Amy, queria hacer esta caminata desde hace tiempo ,entonces estamos podemos estar felices que la hicimos. Lluvio toda la noche, despertamos con agua en nuestra tienda. No nos mojamos tanto pero a Amy le dio un peque~no resfriado. 

We went with simple hot dogs and s'mores for dinner. So good over a campfire.
I came back from the restroom and I found E.T. at our campsite.
A walk in the morning along the ocean at the campground.



Starting the hike. It was so flooded. Jamir sang camp songs along the way
Part of the trail was very open and other parts were through jurassic park-like forest

We made it to the open view.


There were pretty wildflowers all over
The sun came out the last half!
It reminded me of Lord of the Rings scenery
It is supposed to be the western most part of Oregon (so I read).
Eating lunch-pretty awesome view


Blacklock Point

 We went down to the beach and found a TON of starfish! I was so excited because I still had not see them all this time living on the coast.





It turned into a warm, sunny day.