Sunday, January 11, 2015

It's a New Year!

We had a good Christmas in Newport with the Lopez side of the family. Before we left, we had a little opening of gifts just to have something for ourselves. It was so nice to relax and be away from work for a little bit. 
Jamir got sick during the holidays and is just now getting over a cough and I hurt my foot running so we haven't gotten out to explore much, but yesterday I HAD to get outside and do something. It's actually been really sunny around here lately. Yesterday not so much, but we still were able to do a little hike at Horsfall Beach Recreation Area. It was very pretty with boardwalks and sand dollars. We THINK we saw a dead sea lion but I was afraid to get too close in case we woke it up :)

Anyways, we are excited what 2015 will bring us. Can't wait for more adventures!


Jamir got piano music and a keyboard stand. I also got him a hatchet, which he had fun killing our Christmas tree with.

And cooking stuff for me. I made pumpkin donuts and they were surprisingly good!

Beach in Newport day after Christmas

The whole fam...I always feel like I'm missing someone, but that's everyone!

The drive back up to Newport for New Years. It was the prettiest sunset I've seen. It was so orange.

Happy to feel the sun on our faces.

We've driven past this guy several times and finally got our pic. Jamir loves him.

Boardwalk at Horsfall Beach


Yes we are cheesy, and we like it!





Walk around the lake.


One of my earlier presents was my new camera. It is awesome! It's small, but can do way more than my other bulky one.
Droplets on a spider web.