Saturday, February 22, 2014

Every Little Date

I must be that kind of person that celebrates every little date because I am always looking back and thinking "oh this time last year we were..." but I thought I would post a little something about the day we met. I have it written down only in my journal and I wanted to have the whole story here.

4 years ago we met at stake FHE.  I did not want to go. I was tired and was still missing my friends from SVU. My roommate Jennifer convinced me to change out of my sweats and go with her. It was going to be a dance where they rotate partners and teach us to dance. But I went not caring what I looked like or if I impressed anyone.  I threw on my neon Daytona Beach t-shirt and jeans.

Jamir's account is that a week before he had put in his journal that he had everything he wanted: school, family, job, but he was missing a girl. His bishop had even announced something about the members needing to date more and Jamir being the obedient RM that he was, took it seriously.

At the dance I met Jamir. I think it was the third rotation and then we got talking and we skipped the next rotation and the next one. He thought I was a little over confident with my neon shirt and Mexican jokes and I thought he was exotic and funny with his accent. Then the announcer told us we needed to take a seat for the next part which was to be ladies choice and we were doing a dance competition. I was talking to Jamir and kind of missed what she said so when she told us to pick partners it was only me and Jamir left. So we were partners again. The room was divided into 4 groups and they would spin a bottle in between songs. If you were in the group that got picked, you had to sit down. Eventually, there were only a couple people left and I thought maybe we had a chance at winning. Finally, it was only two other couples (I think even Choco was in the other group) against us and we won!

They brought us to the front and had us introduce ourselves (see picture below).  We were to claim our prizes (just candy bars) after. As we walked back Jamir said to me, "I told myself that if we won, I would ask you out." I thought he was another one of those guys who asked out everyone, so I didn't take it seriously. I went back to my group and danced with a guy in my ward, but we claimed out treats together and Jamir asked what I liked to do. We ended up having three dates that weekend and you know the rest!

I am so happy to have this picture!