Monday, September 22, 2014

Bay Area Fun Festival

Coos Bay was having a fun festival this Saturday. There was the Pre 10K that I ran and Jamir was the photographer. The race was hard! It is all hills. Steve Prefontaine used it as a training course. They even have a hill called "agony hill summit." It was a good experience and there is a huge support from the community to cheer from the sidelines for about the 1,000 runners. Next time Jamir will do it with me.

After the race we wandered the market, listened to a jazz band and watched the parade. There was more events like the car/quilt show, but we decided watching BYU play was more worth it so we went home. I have really wanted to have a fire on the beach since we got here so we ate dinner on the beach. And I figured I had earned eating those extra hot dogs after the long day!



Finishing on the Pirate track

It was hot! I was completely soaked since people spray you with a hose

The market

Small towns have the best parades. The Pirate cheerleaders.



The sand provides a nice holder for the hot dog sticks

Nothing better than hots dogs on the beach :)