Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Innovative or are we just red necks?

Our backyard isn't huge. So I really wanted a way for us to have fires this year without it being a permanent in ground fire pit. Portable ones are sooo expensive! So Pinterest gave me the idea of using a washer drum. It turns out many people are willing to give their broken washers away for free. So now we have an unlimited number of washer drums (fire pits) should we need them.

Our chickens also needed a new place. The garage was getting stinky. I found a free cabinet on Craigslist that works great! Jamir spent a good chunk Saturday morning working on it. It's not finished, but the chickens are much happier in their new coop. 

And now we have an innovative/red neck fire pit and chicken coop. Ben and I took pics while Jamir built, and then we walked to the Eagle Point car show in the afternoon (look for your car, Dad). We finished the day with the girls camp auction. I wouldn't normally post this, but I was so happy my photography went for 140$! It makes it feel worth it when people want to pay for my pictures.

Friday lumber Jack boy

The cabinet before turned chicken coop


Watching Dad.









Our first fire at our house. Ben slept the whole time




Working on Saturday

A look at our studly fire pit


In their new home complete with ramp (they haven't figured it out yet)

Manolo sneaked his way in causing chaos. He since hasn't stopped trying to find a hole in the wire

Ben's pics on the grass.


That little face









With my phone BC it's easier to get his smile





Car show
And some cute pics of smiley Ben from the rest of the weekend