Monday, June 26, 2017

Memorial Day weekend, Off roading with friends, parks, bikes, and summer things

I'm really behind again...this has been a busy summer. Now that Ben is more mobile I am working on all the projects that I couldn't do last year because I was feeding, or holding, or changing the Benjito. Anyway, hopefully in the future I can keep up, but our summer only has about 2 weekends that are not planned right now, so who knows.

First, Mom and Dad came to visit for Memorial Day weekend. We rafted, tried a new Italian place, played in the pool, had a fire, saw the gorge and forest, and enjoyed the warm weather!
I take a lot of pics of him asleep...

Jamir and Ben went on a father son campout and Ben was really scared of this fish...it was so nice for me! I painted the deck and cleaned the house uninterrupted!



Bike rides are Ben's favorite. He always grabs his helmet and points to the bike when we are in the garage


being goofy


first time at the Eagle Point library. I prefer him to tear books that we already own apart.


has to sit with Papa while he plays

playing in the pool while we wait for grandparents to arrive



these are the best carts..with walmart or winco had them.

Sunday walk around Jacksonville



left over pasta

trying to find the natural bridge. We got an extra mile walk because we missed the sign


at the raft rental place



all on the raft. Ben slept the whole way again..and didn't even wake up when the water splashed him

Manolo cant resist a good nap on Ben

Pruning some roses.

Morning popsicle. those homemade popsicle kits are the best. Little does Ben know he's eating fruit and greens

I was working on the deck and hear a splash...he took his shirt off and went in

frisbee hat for Manolo

First Rodeo. It was fun, but I didn't like the bull riding, the dog herding the sheep was my favorite part



Ben liked the tractors a lot and the horses

newly painted pots

at a birthday party splash pad park


Ben has figured out the slide by himself now.







he really liked this ceviche at someone's house(shrimp and seafood cocktail)

At the BYU alumni picnic


he really wanted to climb this


another walk where he falls alseep

since there is construction on our street Ben gets to enjoy all the trucks that go by. He points them out every time




one of the cold days we went to the park


putting laundry on his head

our excursion up the moutain

snow! Ben thought it was pretty cool. Guess he doesn't remember December





I turned around and he had fallen asleep next to me like this


the big mess. I found a really good couch on craigslist for free so we dismantled our old loveseat..my plan is to make an ottoman iwth the cushion

our racoon


another chocolate banana popsicle and a paint project

fell asleep like this on the way to Walmart