Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Rabbit Ears, Rouge Elk Park, New Trees, and forgotten pictures


The past two weekends we went camping. The first was at Rabbit Ears. It's a primitive spot next to some rock climbing. I actually prefer primitive camping. No paying for a spot, no gross bathrooms, and privacy. But I will admit that I thought I heard a wild animal in the night. But it was fun (and cold). We had to clear two trees and snow to get to the top. It was an adventure. 

Then the next weekend was Jamir's turn to camp with the scouts, but they didn't have another leader to come and they have to have two. So one of the young men suggested I go so they could still go. So I brought Benji and we camped with the teenage boys. It was fun. They all love Ben so it's not a nuisance for them. We jumped off a bridge, ate dutch oven pizza and rafted the Rouge again. 


walk to Walmart to get supplies. Paint on his arm from "helping"

while Jamir cleared snow Ben drove the truck


first obstacle





didn't get a pic of the second tree, but this is after we got free!

setting up camp. you can tell my camera is really struggling with how dark it was

still a cute picture 

morning graham crackers while breakfast cooks


camera went off before I was ready. Ben is sticking his tongue out





good thing ben doesnt care about dirt





my phone was about to die and wouldn't focus..but on the way to the rock climbing


ben likes it...as long as you have your hand on him. He grabbed Jamir's hand and put if back on wen he let go


testing out backpacking gear


getting a tree at a nursery. He really liked the wagon. Good idea

new cherry tree! so later I can see this pic and realize how big it has grown

he dumped all the smoothie on the counter...grr..




found this arbor on Craigslist for free. 


all painted .Just missing a top bar I need to make

so nice to share 

at Rouge Elk campground. It's right along the river. Not as private but still nice

The bridge we jumped. I wasn't planning on swimming, but felt like I should do something exciting so jumped in with my clothes on



the young men
breakfast


sunglasses on papa


getting the raft...pretty much the same type of people run these places...was more impressed with the company we went with with the grandparents




sorry it's sideways..need to fix

Forgotten Pictures...
Ben being cute one day




In our front yard when the roses were in bloom



we went to a last minute wedding. I took pictures and played my violin...Jamir used the camera...so it's a bit blurry. Ben loves lawn mowers now. And tractors.

eating all his wedding cake

a particularly dirty day

Before church. He can look so sweet and he is...except during sacrament
and then I found another cherry tree on clearance...oh well. We will have lots of cherries

we had a wind storm and it broke a branch of my beloved mimosa tree

it's hard to capture, but our backyard has the best sunsets

Ben found all the camping stuff...and a leftover sucker from long ago

spreading glitter. I swear he has made it his duty to make a mess of everything

we got a almost new couch off craigslist for free! So I used the old couch cushion to make an ottoman. Waiting for fabric to arrive

Ben thinks it's funny to pull Manolo's tail now...Manolo doesn't think it's so funny


after sealings...it was a pretty night

getting a torta at the park for lunch

I took this because I realize I never showed the finished product! I like it so much more! The other one was sold to a lady making a goat house lol


Big windows are fun.....to clean