Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hogle Zoo

Another thing to check off my list! We are counting down the days.  I don't think I'll actually believe it when we are packed up and on to another state, to another apartment.  We have lived in our studio for almost three years! Just three ish months left.  We are ready to go to Texas or even Florida depending on Jamir's job offers.  We'll see. 

Anyways, we spent most of our Saturday at Hogle Zoo. I'm glad we waited to go because the weather is so nice now. It did rain on us, but its my favorite weather, so I wasn't dissapointed.  Hogle Zoo was fun. It was nothing compared to the zoo in Mexico City, but it was still fun to see the tigers, polar bears and other animals I hadn't seen before close up.

Friday we had wandered around Riverwoods because they were having a "Chalk the Block" festival.  It was pretty cool to see the sidewalk chalk artists. They had lost of booths and live bands.  Some of the art was covered up because of the rain though. Too bad.

Una cosa mas que teniamos planeado hacer.

Ice Cream from Provo Beach Resort. I got Red Velvet Cake...it was good! And worth the price since I got a "kid" size
Studio C was there! And those stinkin minions are all over the place.

I really liked how they set it up so you can get really close to them.


I think my favorite animals were the giraffes.


I always feel a little silly because we are adults going to things parents take their kids to, but I've overcome that and accepted that we are just kids ourselves :) Lion drinking fountains are for us too! 


I thought it was cute how the orangutan covered itself from the rain.

And there were peacocks wandering around. This one let me get really close to it.


After the zoo, we walked around Liberty Park. I have been here before, but never around the whole thing for some reason. It was so pretty on a day after rain.  

Yes, I know these pics are huge, but I really like them.

Add caption


And today my lesson in primary was about how we can be friends. I took a pic of everyone because that is what friends do...(preparing them for facebook, jk).  Also, I wanted a pic to remember when I leave. From left: Paulo, Breanna, Carmen, Maria, and Lizzy in front. The only one missing is Amy (not me, another one).
I'm so ready for fall now! I have many things planned to enjoy our last days here. I just hope I don't regret not doing something once we are gone. So far I have corn mazes, pumpkin patches, chair lifts, lots of soups, fall pics, scenic drives and more! Can't wait.