Sunday, September 22, 2013

Timpanogos National Monument/ Parque Nacional Timpanogos

On Saturday we spent most of the day around Timpanogos National Monument.  Can I just say how great it is that we have the national parks pass? I didn't realize all that we were missing.  We hiked to the Timp caves and then spent a couple hours rock climbing.  I was really proud of myself, I did a 5.8 level! At the quarry I was doing around 5.6.  Jamir did a 5.9.  We saw these caves that you climb upsidedown (5.12). No way we could do those, but soo cool.  

The caves were really cool too.  I have never been in one before so it was a first for me.  The air is around 45 degrees F all year even in winter and very humid.  It was amazing with all the formations.  I was so upset with myself that I forgot the SD card to put in the camera (and the battery in our camera was dying)!  So the pics are stinky, so I'll just have to remember most of the details. 

El Sabado pasamos la majoria del dia en el parque nacional "Timpanogos". Usamos el pase anual que compramos para nuestro viaje en agosto a Zion's Park. Fuimos a las cuevas que estan en el monte Timpanogos y despues fuimos a escalar por un par de horas. Timpanogos tiene mushisimas rutas para escalar algunas son completamente horizontales.

Es nuestra primera vez que estuvimos en las cuevas o grutas del monte Timpanogos. El aire en las cuevas es como 10 grados centigrados todo el a~no y el aire es humedo. Olvidamos ponerle la tarjeta de memoria a nuestra camara asi que las fotos que tomamos estan medio borrosas.








And this is what happens when you go rock climbing with your phone in your pocket.