Monday, October 20, 2014

Me Encanta Ver el Templo

Amy
I  have been thinking a lot about the blessings of the temple lately and felt I should share my testimony of them. It is the thing I feel most strongly about in the church. 
First, I am so happy to have the opportunity to be sealed to Jamir for eternity. I know it affects our marriage in a good way and makes us speak kinder, perform service, and think eternally.
 Second, I don't know how many times I have felt like Heavenly Father wasn't listening to me only to feel his spirit in the temple. He is always there, I just need to seek him. It is where I can build a stronger relationship with him. 
Third, and most importantly to me, I know that all the promised blessings in the temple will be fulfilled. I do not need to feel anxious. I don't need to feel worry because I know that all will be made right. All that is unfair, and wrong with the world will eventually go away and be made right. I know this because I have made covenants in the temple and God keeps his promises. 
It is the one place I can feel absolute peace. I can feel that all the worry of life melts away. I can sit with Jamir and think about eternity. I cannot take this lightly! I am so grateful to have this amazing knowledge and complete happiness. The temple is a precious and pure and a privilege to have on this earth. I know going to the temple strengthens me and changes how I think for better. I know these things to be true.

Jamir
The first time I can think of visiting the temple grounds was when I was just a little boy. My parents took all the family to the Mexico City Temple on a Sunday afternoon. We went to the visitors center and saw a animated movie of the scriptures. When I turned 12, I had the opportunity almost every month to go inside the temple with the youth of my church and do baptisms. Before going on my mission I got my endowment, (sacred covenants and promises with God), in the Hermosillo, Mexico temple. Keeping those covenants and promises have brought guidance, inspiration and happiness to my life. Amy and I got married in the Salt Lake City temple. This time we as a couple made covenants and promises with each other and with God and got married and sealed for all the eternity. 
Every time I go to the temple I am reminded of the covenants and promises I have made with God. It is an opportunity to evaluate my life and recommit myself to make changes for the better. Every time I go to the temple I forget about my problems and the trivialities of live and ponder of the things that are eternal and matter most. Every time I go to the temple I feel faith, hope, humility, peace, serenity and thankfulness. The temple helps me become a better person, husband and friend.

Amy
He pensado mucho en las bendiciones del templo últimamente y sentí compartir mi testimonio acerca de estas cosas. El templo es de lo que estoy mas segura en la iglesia.
Primeramente, estoy feliz por tener la oportunidad de estar casada por tiempo y eternidad con Jamir. Se que esto tiene un efecto positivo en nuestro matrimonio, nos hace hablar mas amablemente, servirnos el uno al otro y  pensar en lo eterno.
Segundo, no se cuantas veces he sentido que Dios no me ha escuchado para ir a descubrir su espíritu en el templo. El siempre esta allí, solo tengo que ir a buscarlo. En el templo es donde puedo formar una relación mas fuerte con El.
Tercero, y lo mas importante para mi, se que todas las promesas que se nos dan el templo se cumplirán. No tengo necesidad de tener ansias o preocupaciones por que se que todo va a estar bien. Todo lo que es injusto e incorrecto en el mundo eventualmente se arreglara. Lo se por que he hecho convenios con Dios en el templo y el cumple sus promesas. 
El templo es el único lugar en donde siento paz absoluta. Puedo sentir que mis preocupaciones se van. Puedo sentarme con Jamir y pensar en la eternidad. No puedo dejar de apreciar el templo! Estoy muy agradecida por tener este conocimiento y gran felicidad. El templo es un precioso y puro privilegio tener en este mundo. Ir al templo me fortalece, cambia mi forma de pensar para bien. 

Jamir
La primera vez que recuerdo ir al templo es de pequeño cuando mis padres llevaron  toda la familia al centro de visitantes en el templo de la ciudad de México. En esa ocacion vimos una película de dibujos animados de las escrituras. Cuando cumplí 12 años tuve la oportunidad de casi cada mes entrar al templo con mis amigos en la iglesia a hacer bautismos. 
Antes de ir a mi misión me tome la investidura, esto es hacer promesas y convenios con Dios, en templo de la ciudad de Hermosillo. El cumplir con esas promesas y convenios ha dado guía, inspiración y felicidad a mi vida. Amy y yo nos casamos en templo de Lago Salado en Utah, esta vez Amy yo, juntos nos hizimos promesas y convenios en uno con el otro y con Dios y nos casamos por tiempo y por toda la eternidad.
Cada vez que voy al templo me acuerdo de las promesas y convenios que he hecho con Dios, es una oportunidad para evaluar mi vida y re-comprometerme a hacer cambios en mi vida para el bien. Cada vez que voy al templo se me olvidan mis problemas y las trivialidades de la vida y medito en las cosas que son eternas y de mas importancia. Cada vez que voy al templo me siento lleno de fe, esperanza, humildad, paz, serenidad y agradecimiento. El templo me ayuda a ser una mejor persona, esposo y amigo.