Monday, April 25, 2016

Under the Horse Chestnut Tree

I thought it was a plain chestnut tree when we looked at the house for the first time. I was excited to roast chestnuts over the fire like the song says for Christmas last year. Luckily, all the nuts were rotten or gone or we would have been poisoned. I later did more research and it turns out the conkers as they are called are poisonous from HORSE chestnuts. It was a horse chestnut tree! And I'm so glad for the owner before who planted it because it is beautiful.

We attempted some pics around it. Unfortunately it's been kinda rainy and cold lately so it was hard to find a time. Not being able to control the focus makes for some hit and miss pics, but here's our try.


Our first attempt in the rain (and in sweats)

2nd attempt




Before 3rd attempt. I liked Ben's new outfit so much I wanted his own pics.



3rd attempt






It's so hard to get us all in focus using my dslr. Next time I'll just use my phone :(

Manolo chases hummingbirds up here

Diaper too loose. Cute baby bum


Manolo was swatting a fly











And...4th attempt. I was finally satisfied with one GOOD one.
It's amazing the difference in days and lighting the same location can be.