Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Seaside Lopez Sibling Reunion

We spent the weekend in Seaside seeing Jamir's siblings. We rented a small house and were able to do a (strenuous) hike, go to the beach, play games and eat. I was happiest that we got some good family pictures without having to use a tripod and a timer thanks to Sugey. It was good to see the cousins and hang out for a bit. But I have to say, as much as I love the coast, I did not miss the humidity or cold air! Poor Ben has a little runny nose today from the effect.

Some of these pics are from other members of the family. I was extremely disappointed because my card in my little camera got corrupted, so all of the later parts of the hike are gone. We worked so hard to get to the top! It's supposed to be the highest point in NW Oregon. Only Sugey, Jamir, and Ben and I did it, because everyone else was too tired or worried about the steepness. Ben slept while we killed our calves and buns to get to the top. And it was awesome! It had a view of the ocean and was soo windy. And we were exhausted, but happy we did it. And of course I don't have the pictures for it.
starting out




pretty viewpoint, everyone else turned around here, but we kept going another 1.5 miles to the top




Thanks to Sugey I have these:

haha ,Troy

Ben sleeping almost the whole way up



Sugey showing how steep it was. They put chain link fence and a wire rail so you don't slip


Lucy and Ben with a ball


cousin bath



Ben loved Troy

Cannon Beach pictures. It was windy and cold, but Ben loved the sand. He did not want to be held, he just wanted to play! But I'm really happy we have some good pictures.














looking a little bald. Jamir decided to buzz his head. sigh.
 We had a picnic and another beach, Hug Point. It was really cool with a waterfall and small caves. I wanted to stay longer, but some people got wet and wanted to go home.





Family group pic