Thursday, December 3, 2020

April 2020 Easter, Deck progress, spring flowers

I like to include the drawings I had of our plans.

We took a lot of walks around the neighborhood

Adding trim around the front door.





Smokey checking it out. He has good balance.



having a meeting with the weight bench. I don't help them drag stuff out here. 


The tree slowly coming down. We tied ropes to branches and pulled as Jamir cut. It was a bit nerve wracking. But we did it.


containing the messy pinata work
inside our closet. 






the beet that grew through the winter.
mulching the rose garden.

This was a bit scary at times. Mostly I had to keep an eye on the boys at all times so no one went out there.
prairiefire crabapple. The most beautiful tree. It also has red "berries" that stay on in winter brining birds.



April has some beautiful sunsets.
Easter breakfast

Ben was excited about the piƱata. It was a bird...


Pickled eggs colored with the beet (juice) that I grew.
I love these dark tulips. I planted more for 2021





The boys loved playing on the tarp with their trucks.




the one and only apricot (which ants later got into). But of all the fruit trees, it grew the most this year!



Ben can build all day. Legos are the best toy.


Raspberries
horse chestnut tree grown from a conker in our old yard. I got frustrated with the drought this year and broke it off. We will see if it returns..I doubt it.

We bought some boards and then mixed them with the previous boards in good shape. So our flooring is a bit weird, but it was budget friendly and works.
I spend many hours filling holes and sanding this. I even got a sunburn on my back. ugh.

ranuculus. I planted more so we will see if they come up.




clematis. now its by the chicken coop.
good reference for what stain we used.

first coat was uneven because I did it in sections. I have since done another coat and it looks much better.






Grandma's Iris





The prettiest time of year



beautiful day relaxing under the deck.