Thursday, December 5, 2013

Turkey Enchiladas/ Enchiladas de Pavo

That is what we did with our left over turkey.  Hey world! I was doing really good with the blog thing and kinda slacked a little.  Well, here's an update.  We ventured to Elko for Thanksgiving. I don't know what is wrong with me but I didn't take any pictures! I forgot the camera every time. We ran the turkey trot, ate at the Hubbard's, cut our Christmas tree and I caught up with Agnes.  I even got her to sit on Jamir's lap. I WILL convince him he wants a cat.

We didn't go to Elko last year, so it was nice to eat the same food and have the same traditions.  I decorated the tree by myself. It was kinda sad not to have Cam there. But it was a much needed break from Provo and work.

I worked from 7 to 7 on Cyber Monday. I can now say I have worked 12 hours in a row.  It really wasn't that bad. My boss is awesome and brings us food :)

En español:

Hicimos enchiladas de pavo con el pavo que sobró del día de acción de gracias de mis suegros. La semana pasado visitamos a mis suegros en Elko Nevada para pasar el día de acción de gracias. Corrimos una carrera de 5 kilómetros que se celebra a las 11 de la noche el día antes de acción de gracias, también convivimos con la familia de mi suegra, los hubberds. Amy cada que va se encariña con el gato de sus papas y piensa que me va a convencer de comprarle uno.
The Amaryllis I started growing. This is early in the morning on Cyber Monday from my office window

And this is the next day. We had a crazy snow storm! Time for snowboarding and sledding!


Jamir and the awesome turkey enchiladas!

Our tree! It's the biggest so far. It's a little bare since I got rid of a lot of decorations. I didn't want to unpack all of the ornaments either...feeling a little lazy

Our stockings. I made Jamir's and Grandma made mine when I had my first Christmas. It's a big tradition. She showed me all of the stockings through the years and she has made over 10! It took me forever to finish Jamir's.


Jamir got his Woodbage beads at the last court of honor. It is a big deal. He was one of two guys that got it. I guess all those days gone for training paid off!

So yeah. Life is good. I know that with Thanksgiving, it really helped me think about the things I am lucky to have. I got a job right when we needed it and allowed Jamir to go to school full time and have internships. I am healthy. Jamir is healthy. We both graduated from a great school. Jamir passed his engineering test. I have everything I need. I need to remember this more and be content. There is this quote circulating on Pinterest that I really like. It's "Someone else is praying for what you have." Very true.