Thursday, July 17, 2014

Elko for the 4th

I know this is late, but we finally have internet! So the Oregon posts are before this one.

We spent a week in Elko for the 4th. It was fun to do all the normal things we used to do. We watched the parade, took a hike up Thomas Canyon, watched fireworks and visited with Grandma. We were able to record some of her stories and it was very interesting. I am glad I get to know her life better.

Grandma and Phil in front of Grandma's always well kept flowers
We took a cruise in Dad's 71 Chevelle up Lamoille Canyon.





I like the light here :) Dad in his "English" hat.

Some really cool waterfalls! I was surprised we hadn't done this hike before.




There were beautiful wildflowers. It inspired me to do more painting.


Snow at the top as usual



And Jamir cutting down the tree he cut from last time. Chores are part of the Elko experience :)