Saturday, August 3, 2013

This is the Place

We finally decided to try the seven peaks in Salt Lake. It was pretty fun. The rides are raised by wooden beams and are really high so you can see the city and the golf course. It was fun because it was allll paid for and nothing came from our pockets. I am glad we got those passes, but only for water parks.

After we were going to go to Hogle zoo, but it was later and I was tired from being in the sun, so we went to This is the Place park across the street. I totally forgot that I had been there when I went on the trek, but it was fun to see again. I was mostly really excited about the petting animals there (as most of the pics are me and some animal). So it was like being in a zoo, but free! Hogle zoo will have to wait until it cools down before we try that one.

7 Peaks

Our Picnic after the water park

This is the Place

Jamir getting a loan from the local bank. The banker was really friendly.


Donkey

Cow with a huge head

This poor sheep looked like it was dying


No, that pig is not pregnant, it is just fat.

Little Sabastian!!

Friday we went to La Casita. I've been wanting to go for a while since I remember going as a family when I was in high school. It was pretty good. Definitely worth the amount you pay for the food. I got the chile relleno (my fave, have to always get it) and it was pretty awesome.



Also, really proud of Jamir moment. He is doing an internship with the engineer of the year in Utah (really, named by Utah Engineering Council) working on the Mexico City temple. I really got a good one.